The following, though not an exhaustive statement of faith, contains key elements of the belief system to which Community Fellowship Church subscribes:
- We believe in the infinite, personal God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; Jn. 1:14; 2 Cor. 13:14)
- We believe the Bible to be the infallible, authoritative basis for our understanding of doctrine and truth. (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet 1:20-21)
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory to judge the living and the dead. (Jn. 1:1; 3:16; 5:18; Phil 2:5-8; Rom. 3:25-26; Acts 1:11)
- We believe regeneration by the Holy Spirit in response to an individual’s acceptance of the gospel message is absolutely necessary for the salvation of lost and sinful men and women. (Jn. 1;12; 3:6-8; Tit. 3:5)
- We believe salvation is by grace through faith alone.(Eph. 2:8-9)
- We believe the Christian life is possible only by the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit enabling man to live a godly and sanctified life. (Eph. 1:13-14; Rom. 8:5-13)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost -- the saved to a resurrection of life and the lost to a resurrection of damnation. (Jn. 5:28-29; I Cor. 15)
- We believe in the unity of believers through the sharing of common life in Christ Jesus. (Ps. 133; Eph. 4:3-13; Acts 2:42-45)
- We believe God offers redemption to all who confess and forsake their sin (Acts 3:19-21; Rom. 10:9-10; I Cor. 6:9-11).
- We believe that God creates each human as uniquely male or female, and that each person is made in God’s image (Gen. 1:26-27).
- We believe marriage is the union of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union (Gen. 2:18-25; Mk. 10:6-9). We believe God intends sexual intimacy to occur between only a man and woman who are covenanted together in this unique union of marriage (1 Cor. 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb. 13:4).
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including, but not limited to, adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual or transgender conduct, bestiality, incest, polygamy, as well as orientation or identity with these behaviors) is sinful and outside of God’s will (Matt. 15:18-20; I Cor. 6:9-10).
- We believe that all human life is precious as created in God’s image. We believe this extends to the fetus, the aged, the physically and mentally challenged, and every other stage of human life from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and cherish all human life (Ps. 139).
- We believe that, while we cannot condone, endorse or in any way participate in the expression of beliefs or lifestyles that are at odds with this statement of faith, all persons must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect and dignity (Mark 12:28-31). In this context, we do not believe that disagreement with another’s beliefs is to be equated with intolerance or a form of “hate speech.” While God sets clear ethical standards through His infallible word -- the Bible -- for which we are to stand without compromise, He loves all men and women, even those who reject His moral imperatives.